Who We Are
The Seckin Endometriosis Center (SEC) is a private medical practice dedicated to providing patients with life-altering endometriosis treatment. We exclusively practice minimally invasive, deep excision laparoscopic surgery to deliver targeted treatment and lasting relief. We are internationally recognized for our expertise in complex cases of endometriosis, particularly deep infiltrating endometriosis of the pelvis which is known to cause rectal disease, sciatic and pudendal neuropathy, and sigmoid, ureter, and bowel obstruction. Dr. Seckin is a world-renowned excision surgeon with over 35 years of experience in the field and over thirty years of exclusive experience in laparoscopy. Dr. Seckin’s immediate surgical team includes Dr. Karli Goldstein, a fellow of endometriosis surgery who has trained extensively with Dr. Seckin. To date, we have performed over 4,000 endometriosis surgeries, and we remain committed to improving the lives of countless women across the globe. The Seckin Endometriosis Center (SEC) is a tertiary referral center dedicated to providing patients with life-altering minimally invasive surgery for all of their endometriosis needs. Patients travel from all around the globe to receive our world renowned laparoscopic deep-excision surgery.
What Makes Us Different?
There are several standards of care we uphold in all of our endometriosis surgeries in order to provide patients with the best quality treatment.
1. We operate exclusively out of Lenox Hill Hospital where we have a long-established relationship with a team of dedicated personnel.
2. We are known for our expertise in complex cases of endometriosis, particularly deep infiltrating endometriosis of the pelvis which is known to cause rectal disease, sciatic and pudendal neuropathy, and sigmoid, ureter, and bowel obstruction.
3. We utilize a sophisticated technique based on precision and micro-surgery which allows for organ preservation as well as pain and adhesion prevention.
4. We are committed exclusively to the deep excision of endometriosis using advanced laparoscopic techniques. We have serious reservations concerning robotic surgery, particularly for cases of endometriosis, due to its present lack of haptic feedback and proprioception, and its limited capability in handling advanced cases involving the retroperitoneum.
5. We use our unique patented Aqua Blue Excision technique (ABC), which allows for the increased visualization of lesions, resulting in better identification and excision of endometriosis.
6. Dr. Seckin is a world-renowned excision surgeon with over 35 years of experience in the field and over thirty years of exclusive experience in laparoscopy. Dr. Seckin’s immediate surgical team includes Dr. Karli Goldstein, who trained extensively in endometriosis surgery with Dr. Seckin.
Meet Dr. Seckin
Dr. Seckin is an endometriosis specialist and women’s reproductive health advocate. He has been in private practice for over thirty years at Lenox Hill Hospital with a team of highly skilled personnel. Dr. Seckin specializes in advanced laparoscopic procedures, and is recognized for his expertise in complex cases of deep infiltrating endometriosis of the pelvis. He is particularly dedicated to performing fertility preserving surgeries on cases involving the ovaries. He has developed patented surgical techniques, most notably the “Aqua Blue Excision” technique for better visualization of endometriosis lesions. His surgical techniques are based on precision and micro surgery, emphasizing organ and fertility preservation, and adhesion and pain prevention. Dr. Seckin is considered a pioneer and advocate in the field of endometriosis. In 2008, he co-founded the Endometriosis Foundation of America (EndoFound), the first advocacy foundation organized by a practicing physician to raise awareness and emphasize the critical value of early diagnosis and excision treatment of endometriosis.
Read more about Dr. Seckin here.
Meet Dr. Goldstein
Dr. Goldstein is a gynecologic surgeon who completed her residency at Lenox Hill Hospital. During this time, she trained extensively in endometriosis surgery with Dr. Seckin. Dr. Goldstein joins Seckin Endometriosis Center as an associate surgeon but also as a Fellow of Endometriosis Surgery. She will continue to dedicate her practice to deep excision surgical methods and work hard to be a driving force for future endometriosis research. Dr. Goldstein herself is a Stage IV Endometriosis patient, who underwent excision surgery after years of trying to find a diagnosis. She has the unique ability to empathize with patients throughout all aspects of care. In addition to her experience with precise laparoscopic excision surgery, it is Dr. Goldstein's passion to promote wellness with an integrative approach for endometriosis patients. Dr. Goldstein spent her childhood in international schools all over the world and speaks Spanish, proficient French, and Italian.
Read more about Dr. Goldstein here.
Our Patients Tell It Best
In the end, our patients are truly what define us. Hear what they have to say in our Testimonial Section and Dr.Seckin Reviews.
Our office is located on 872 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10065.
You may call us at (646) 960-3080
or have your case reviewed by clicking here.