Who are we?
The Seckin Endometriosis Center (SEC) is a tertiary referral center dedicated to providing patients with life-altering minimally invasive surgery for all of their endometriosis needs. Patients travel from all around the globe to receive our world renowned laparoscopic deep-excision surgery.
With over three decades of experience in the field of GYN surgery, including training in both laparoscopic and robotic surgery, we have worked tirelessly to master our technique to ensure each patient receives the treatment that fits their particular, unique case. We have created, developed and patented several revolutionary techniques that allow us to identify and easily remove all believed endometriosis lesions, which otherwise would be invisible to the naked eye when using just standard surgical methods. We work with each patient on a case by case basis, so that we can provide the personalize care and treatment that every woman suffering through the battle of endometriosis deserves and needs.
Dr. Seckin is a board certified gynecologist with three decades of experience in laparoscopic surgery. After seeing how many women were affected by the tormenting disease that is endometriosis, Dr. Seckin decided to direct his focus on finding the best way he could help and developed a private practice, with affiliation to Lenox Hill Hospital, dedicated to diagnosing and treating women with endometriosis. Now a world-renowned expert in the field, Dr. Seckin is a part of a very limited number of surgeons in the United States who is exclusively committed to the use of Laparoscopic Deep-Excision of endometriosis. Dr. Seckin has also directed his attention to establishing more philanthropic events and continued education, lecturing and research in the field of endometriosis. To do this, Dr. Seckin founded the Endometriosis Foundation of America in 2009, whose efforts are made in order to keep promoting endometriosis awareness, improve the training of future physicians and most of all provide hope to the millions of women who suffer from this disease day to day worldwide.
Read more about Dr. Seckin here, to see if his practice is right for you.
Dr. Goldstein is a Gynecologic surgeon who completed residency at Lenox Hill Hospital. During this time she spent extensive time training with Dr. Seckin in endometriosis surgery. She has joined the practice as an associate surgeon but also as a fellow of Endometriosis Surgery. She will continue to dedicate her practice to deep excision surgical methods and working hard to be a strong force for Endometriosis research in the future. Dr. Goldstein herself is a Stage IV endometriosis patient, who received excision surgery after years of trying to find a diagnosis. She has the unique ability to truly empathize with patients in all aspects of care. In addition to precise laparoscopic excision surgery it is her passion to promote wellness with an integrative approach for Endometriosis patients. She spent her childhood in international schools all over the world and speaks Spanish, proficient French, and Italian.
Lora Ann Liu, M.D., specializes in the management of difficult gynecological surgeries, including severe endometriosis, difficult hysterectomies, large fibroid removal, and other complex gynecological conditions. Dr. Liu completed a four-year Obstetrics and Gynecology residency training at North Shore-LIJ/Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan New York, followed by a rigorous two-year Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at The Mayo Clinic where further expertise was developed in robotic, laparoscopic, and vaginal surgery with special interest in single-site laparoscopy and robotic surgery. Her research in gynecological surgery has resulted in presentations at numerous professional meetings, as well as publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Liu is passionate about providing the best medical and surgical options for her patients and is committed to excellence in her practice. Her interest in humanitarian service has extended beyond the US to short-term mission trips to countries with minimal access to health care.
Besides being a surgeon, she is also a violinist and an avid runner, completing over 50 marathons and over 40 ultra-marathons, ranging from 50 kilometers to 100 miles.
Why are we different?
Laparoscopic Deep-Excision Surgery
- With three decades of experience in laparoscopic surgery, we have tailored our laparoscopic deep-excision surgery to be highly effective for endometriosis cases. We have worked tirelessly to develop this technique in order to provide the best treatment option for our patients, which we continue to work to improve every day.
Learn More >>
- Our Aqua Blue Contrast (ABC) technique is a highly unique component to our endometriosis surgeries that allows us to identify lesions that would otherwise go undetected in normal laparoscopic surgery. Because of its high use and effectiveness in laparoscopic excision of endometriosis, we have patented this technique with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Learn More >>
Specialization in endometriosis
- While many patients go to a general OB/GYN for their endometriosis needs, it must be understood that these doctors are considered generalists, not specialists, when it comes to such fields as surgically treating endometriosis. Please understand, this is not a matter of a good versus bad doctor, but rather having the training and practice is a specific area of study. At the Seckin Endometriosis Center, we have trained many years to become a board certified, fellowship trained minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery practice, which is your best option when it comes to endometriosis treatment. But on top of this, we have spent additional years specializing our surgery practice strictly for endometriosis cases.
Learn More >>
Multiple organ involvement
- Whenever we perform excision surgery of endometriosis, we inspect all organs that are susceptible to endometriosis, including those that are not a part of the reproductive system. This is a highly crucial skill for your surgeon to have as oftentimes lesions can manifest on the bladder, ureter, intestine, etc, and without the expertise to remove said endometriosis, there is a great chance of symptoms persisting and the disease spreading.
Learn More >>
- The Seckin Endometriosis Center (SEC) has performed thousands of laparoscopic surgeries for endometriosis, which has also included other gynecological conditions such as fibroids, adhesions, etc.
Learn More >>
Our Patients Tell It Best
In the end, our patients are truly what define us here at the Seckin Endometriosis Center. Hear what they have to say in our Testimonial Section & Dr.Seckin Reviews
Our office is located on 872 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10065.
You may call us at (646) 960-3080
or have your case reviewed by clicking here.